Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spice'n it Up!

I was at Goodwill the other day and found this little gem for only $1! I was so excited! I've never had a spice rack, but I've always wanted one. I love how it turned out!


I forgot to take a before picture, but this is an in between picture. It was the color you see at the top before I painted it black. I didn't worry too much about spray painting it perfectly because I knew I wanted a different color on top.


Here is the top of the finished product! I painted it red, then distressed the edges by sanding them with sand paper so that the black paint underneath came through. I then cut out the word Spice with my Cricut (Plantum Schoolbook cartridge, Roly Poly) and attached a knob to the top.



Did I mention that it spins?! I love it!!




Ta-da! The finished product! I LOVE it!! The best thing about it was that it only cost me $1 for the spice rack. I had the paint, knob and vinyl just laying around from previous projects.




After doing the spice rack I was inspired to label my canisters with vinyl. I love how my kitchen counter looks now with the spice rack and my canisters! I love how something so simple can really "spice" up the place! :)

2 comments: