Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm Back With a New Kids Craft!

I am back! My power cord for my computer broke so I haven't been able to update in awhile. After waiting, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting, (long story) the right part came today. HOORAY! My little girl and I have been up to a lot so be prepared for an update overload! :)
First off, I have a tutorial. It's kind of lame, but we were bored and I needed a craft, so I looked at my supplies and came up with an idea to make a book with matching popsicle sticks that Skyli can follow along with. So......

This is what you'll  need (I didn't use the whole punch, but if you could use it and tie the pages together with a ribbon or with one of those ring clip things)......



I am missing a few pictures, so sorry about that! Just cut your paper into fourths then staple it across the top. (I started out with one staple, but didn't like how the pages turned with one staple so I added 2 for a total of 3 staples) You could also staple on the side. Then I made up my own story and wrote it on there.  I bought a huge thing of foam stickers from walmart. They are all spring related, so our book is titled Spring!


I started with March and wrote a couple of things that happen in March, April, and May then I wrote about what happens during springtime. I left room for stickers so Sky could help me put the stickers on the page. 



I know the story and artwork are A-MAZ-ING! haha What can I say? I'm a crafter, not an author or an illustrator. Sky then helped me by coloring the cover and then by putting stickers on the pages. Like on the April page we put an umbrella sticker, etc. 



Then we took popsicle sticks and stuck the stickers on them, so that she could find and hold up the popsicle stick that matches the page. There will be some sticky stuff exposed after you put the sticker onto the stick. Here's how you can fix that. Take a little bit of flour and put it in a bowl, then rub the sticker side of the stick in the flour. Next tap off the excess flour and it shouldn't be sticky anymore.

And that's it! So simple right? Sky had so much fun with this craft! I love crafting with her! Oh, and yes, there is a deer on her marker basket. It was a sticker she found and put it on there. I know, it's just awesome! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment