Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jelly Bean Topiary


For Easter I've been wanting some more decor. I had an idea one night to try and make a jelly bean topiary. I found all of the stuff at Walmart except the ribbon (I had it on hand) and of course the stick. I started out by painting a little flower pot (my 3 year old helped me with this). I then glued the stick into the foam ball that I got from walmart in the silk flower section. I then hot glued all of the jelly beans on the ball. This took the longest to do! In retrospect I would have painted the foam ball before I started gluing just because you can see the green under the jelly beans. Because the topiary was so heavy once I had all of the jelly beans on it I had to put a bunch of rocks in the bottom so that it wouldn't tip over. I glued some foam to the pot on top of the rocks, then glued the stick into the foam.




I really don't like how you can see the green foam. I wish I would have painted the ball before I glued the beans on to it. I still might paint over the ball part (jelly beans included). What do you think?




I don't know if I like how this one turned out. I pictured it a lot differently in my head. However, it was a lot of fun to make!

2 comments:

  1. That is a super cute idea. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get some ribbons or some flowers to add to the jelly beans to cover up the green... tuck them in the little spots and it will add some extra decor to it, and hopefully cover-up the green you do not want to see. Otherwise, very cute, and I cannot believe how big S is getting

    ReplyDelete