Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baseball Baby Shower

My very cute friend Brandy is due the day after I am due (March 5 and she is also having a boy), so I wanted to throw her a baby shower before we up and moved away. Her husband plays baseball for SVU and they love baseball so there really wasn't a question of what the theme should be. It was a lot of fun! 

Since it was a baseball theme, I made baseball food (fries, peanuts, popcorn, m&m's, cherry limeade, rootbeer and cream soda. I also made baseball cupcakes.). The banner I made says Oh Baby, but I asked my hubby for assistance in hanging it and it ended up Baby Oh. lol 

 They are naming their baby Hudson so I made a Hudson banner and put it in a vase filled with peanuts. You can kind of see the baseball cupcakes I made a bit better in this shot. I wish I would have taken a closer picture of them. 

We also played a few games. One was the clothes pin crossing game. This game everyone starts out with a certain number of clothespins then if someone catches you crossing something you have to give them a clothespin. The person with the most clothes pins in the end wins.

We also did a game with cotton balls (which represent little baseballs) and a spoon. The mom to be has a bowl of cotton balls on her lap and an empty bowl or basket on her head. The object of the game is to get all 5 cotton balls in the basket while blind folded. The problem I had with this game is that the cotton balls all seemed to stick together so in retrospect I would have had the person who got the most in win. It was pretty funny though.





A friend of mine was selling this bat coat hanger so I offered to buy it from her. She ended up giving it to me instead (Thanks Amanda). I wish I would have taken a before picture, but I didn't. It was plain brown with a baseball and bat holder where the name is. I just took of the baseball and bat holder, painted it white, then put  the baby's name where the holder used to be using my cricut (plantum school book cartridge) and blue vinyl. I then found some plain wooden picture frames at the dollar store. I painted them white and tacked a ribbon to the back so they would hang. I then cut a small piece of ribbon and tied it to the center of the top. I asked Brandy for her favorite ultrasound pictures. the bottom 2 were too small so I just used some blue paper to fill up the space. It was a lot of fun to make! I hope she liked it! 

 This is my gorgeous friend Brandy! She is amazing! This is one of the first baby showers I have ever thrown so I hope everyone had a good time. I had a lot of fun with it! 

1 comment:

  1. super impressive, megan! great job. super thoughtful of you. love the banners.

    ReplyDelete