Friday, June 10, 2011

Goodwill Rocks!

One day Sky and I were bored and decided to head up to Goodwill to browse around and I found this awesome butler table. I immediately knew what I wanted to do with it and the best part was that it only cost $6!!!! Score!! I forgot to take pictures of what it looked like before I started taking it apart and fixing it, but I took a few pictures of what it looked like before I painted it.

This top part just sat on the table frame. They weren't attached by anything (probably because it was used as a serving tray).

I had already painted one side of the legs when I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures. So I quickly snapped a couple of pictures of the legs before they were painted and after one side was painted.



My work station! :)

Now for the moment you've all been waiting for! Here is the finished product:


The finished product!



I hand painted all of the flowers on and her name on it. I used a flower stencil that I made out of carstock using my cricut. Don't look too closely because it's by far not perfect!

The side and back wings all fold up or go flat. I screwed the front wing all the way down so that it stays there. 

My little Sky loves her desk/table! She put some pictures on it and her jewlery on it and added a princess stool. 




I must say that this is one of my favorite projects that I have done! It was so much fun and turned out better than I expected it to! My husband helped me a little bit in putting it back together. I'm still learning how to be a handyman. :) Next project is a stool for it and a jewelery/hair thing holder for it.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!!! I think it is a perfect transformation of something old to something new and usable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, super impressive! great job--so functional and pretty.

    ReplyDelete